Welcome to challenge #3 everyone!!! My post from 2 days ago talked about staying on track during the holidays, even with increased stress, so here is a challenge to keep everyone honest and moving forward. This one is going to be tough, because it requires a life style change, but I believe that it is necessary to be tough and strong during this time.
I did a review on “The Skinny Rules” by The Biggest Loser coach Bob Harper, and how much I loved it and had good results from it. If you haven’t read my review, go ahead and click that link above to read the whole thing. If you don’t feel like reading the full review, here is a short summary of what you will have to be following for this challenge.
- Drink a large glass of water before every meal. No excuses.
- Don’t drink your calories
- Eat protein at every meal
- Slash your intake of refined flours and grains
- Eat 30-50 grams of fiber a day
- Eat apples and berries every single day
- No carbs after lunch
- Learn to read food labels so you know what you are eating
- Stop guessing about portion size and get it right
- No more added sweeteners, including artificial ones
- Get rid of white potatoes
- Make 1 day a week meatless
- Get rid of fast foods and fried foods
- Eat a real breakfast
- Make your own food and eat at least 10 meals at home
- Banish high-salt foods
- Eat your vegetables. Just do it
- Go to bed hungry
- Sleep right
- Plan on one splurge meal a week
Starting December 1st, for 24 days until Christmas Day, follow “The Skinny Rules!” Like I said above, this is a tough challenge. There are 20 rules, and they do require some planning. It is definitely not required that you read “The Skinny Rules,” but it will absolutely help to read the book and understand why these rules matter.
As I go along, I’ll be posting edits to this and adding them below. If this is your first challenge you are trying or you are doing it later on, here is the link to my advice and other challenges available. 🙂 Comment below with progress or thoughts. Peace! 🙂